All of us want to live a healthy and happy life free from all diseases but very few of us make serious efforts in this direction.
A diet of raw food and juice can help us remain healthy. Juice diet, especially, can cure us of chronic diseases and keep our mind and body health.
Fruit is generally a moderate carbohydrate and therefore should be eaten in moderation. Remember to observe the time intervals between eating a carbohydrate meal and a protein meal when eating fruit.
Fruit & Vegetables ( Orange , guava, apple, banana, leafy greens, French beans, carrot, beet, pumpkin, gourds, cabbage, cauliflower, capsicum)
Super powers: Neutralizing free radicals (molecules that accelerate the aging recess), protecting your heart, enhancing eyesight, improving memory, preventing cravings
Secret weapons: Antioxidants; vitamins including A, C, and K; foliate; beta-carotene; minerals including calcium and magnesium; fiber (soluble & insoluble)
Fight against: Cancer, heart disease, stroke, obesity, osteoporosis
Here are some of the fruits and vegetables that you also organically grow in your backyard or home garden.
1) Apple: It facilitates digestion and cleanses the stomach and intestinal organs (both small and large intestines). It also induces good sleep and soothes the nerves.
2) Avocado: It cures flatulence or disorder in stomach. It increases bodily and intellectual strength. It also fortifies the eyesight.
3) Banana: It cures nervousness. It also helps fight obesity. It also eliminates kidney trouble and neuralgia. If you have a five-month old baby, you can mash the banana and serve it as baby food.
4) Cabbage: It cures ulcers, rheumatism, arthritis, gout, diabetes, asthma, bronchitis and anemia. It also cleanses the blood.
5) Carrot: First, it is a major source of Vitamin A or beta carotene which is good for maintaining good eyesight. It also serves as worm expellant especially for the kids. It also cures rheumatism, diseases of the lungs, intestines, liver and bladder; stomach and kidney troubles, cough and eye cataract. It cleanses the skin and lightens complexion.
6) Coconut: It cures internal and external fevers, diseases of the nerves, abscesses of the stomach and loss of memory. It is an excellent food for infant, incorporated as milk.
7) Cucumber: It is known as beautifying agent (lessening eye bugs). It combats, cleanses and cures stomach, kidney, liver and throat troubles.
8) Eggplant: It cures insomnia. Eat plenty of it by just boiling it. Applied to burns as poultices.
9) Garlic: It cures nervousness, pulmonary abscesses, rheumatism, loss of appetite, varicose veins; throat, lungs, heart disease and kidney trouble. It regulates blood pressure and expels worms.
10) Guava: It cures diarrhea, dysentery, beri-beri or scurvy and regulates metabolism.
11) Lemon: It cures loss of appetite, any type of hemorrhage, coughs, tuberculosis, and cancer. It also cures swelling, sores, insect bites and any type of fever and diseases caused by injections or vaccinations.
12) Mango: It cures scurvy, tooth ache, diseases of the gums, fever and cough. It also purifies our blood.
13) Melon or Watermelon: It cures rheumatism, gout, obesity, hemorrhoid, stomach and blood acidity; arthritis and headaches. It stimulates appetite, strengthens and refreshes the body.
14) Onion: It cures dandruff and falling hair, cough and varicose veins. It also expels worms. It is also a memory enhancer.
15) Orange: It cures nervousness; diseases of the teeth, mouth, throat, larynx, kidney, liver, stomach, bladder, pancreas, ovaries and uterus. It can also cure gout, arthritis, paleness, insomnia, constipation, tuberculosis and rickets.
16) Papaya: It cures cough originating from the lungs; pulmonary ailments and diseases of the liver. It also expels worms.
17) Peanuts: It strengthens those who indulge in manual labor and do mental work.
18) Pineapple: It cures jaundice, stomach trouble; diseases of spleen, liver, intestines. Mouth and throat, loss of memory, nervousness, asthma, dysmenorrheal, constipation, rheumatism, arthritis, anemia and dropsy. It also helps in the formation of the blood, bones, teeth, nerves and muscles.
19) Potato: It cures diseases of the stomach, like: hyperacidity, fermentation and gas pain. Frictioning or massaging raw potatoes grated or in slices, counteracts skin rashes. You can also make poultice for burns.
20) Radish: It cures whooping cough, rheumatism, gall bladder trouble, eradicates mucus in the stomach and intestines, tuberculosis and asthma.
21) Tomato: It cures rheumatism and eczema; maintains good function of the liver; eruptions of the skin and pus. You can drink tomato juice as a powerful remedy for uric acid.
Maintaining a healthy body and sound mind is not as costly as you think. The cure is just within our reach.