Backaches are no longer a problem plaguing only in the elderly. An increasing number of people in their 20’s and 30’s suffer from it these days.
Every morning, back pain erupts across the land. It’s the second-most-common reason for missing work, behind the common cold. One in six American adults lives with back pain every day, according to a recent survey by the North American Spine Society. And those who aren’t in agony at this moment probably will be in the future—the NASS estimates that 80 percent of all adults will experience back pain during their lives.
Follow these simple tips for some relief :
- Readjust your pillow :
The way you sleep is crucial. If you are in the habbit of sleeping on your back, place a pillow under the knees. If you tend to sleepn on your side, place a pillow between your knees and draw your legs towards the chest. And while sleeping on your stomach, place a small pillow under your abdomen to prevent the lower back from sagging.
- Caution while exercising :
While lifting weights above your head, squeeze the buttock muscle. This will force your body into a position that will automatically stabilize your spine, thereby reducing the risk of lower-back injuries.
- Change your posture frequently:
Frequent changes in posture prevent the concetration of stress in one particular area of the spine. But remember to maintain the natural arch of your back while changing postures.
Vitamin D deficiency increases the chances of osteoporosis. According to a recent study 80% people suffering from backache were deficient in this vitamins. So spend about five to ten mins in the sun daily .
Banish Back Discomfort Easily With These Smart Ideas:
- You can temporarily relieve backache pain by lying down with knees at a 90 degree angle to your hips. This position is one of the most comfortable sitting positions for those suffering from back pain.
- Do all you can to save your back. An articulating arm that holds a computer monitor can be helpful for keeping back strain at bay.
- Your local holistic foods store may have back pain remedies, so give them a visit. There is a long list of different products you could buy, and the stores all sell different products.
- Make sure you get enough support from your desk chair when you are sitting down all day at work. If the lumbar area of the back is not properly supported, a lot of back pain can result.