It is caused by the same varicilla – zoster virus chickenpox in children , genital herpes in adults and common cold sores caused . When someone chickenpox as a child had the virus remains permanently in his spinal cord and can linger for many years . It is usually triggered when the person temporarily or permanently put off .
The virus moves to the nerve endings and send impulses to the brain that give indications that skin itching , burning and painful . 90 % of people who had chickenpox as a child is at risk to get shingles at a later age . Shingles is contagious and anyone who has not had chickenpox or shingles yet, can infect . It is also possible to prevent a recurrence of the condition experienced . Be careful when working with shingles and chickenpox contact not sticking to itself or it to others to carry . Children who get chickenpox can infect . It is therefore advisable to keep children away from someone with shingles.
Shingles Facts :
- Shingles occurs mainly in older people over 60 who live alone or who do not have access to proper balanced nutrition
- People with a weak constitution is more at risk to get shingles .
- Shingles occurs more often in the summer.
- The moisture from the shingles blisters is contagious.
- Persons chickenpox as a child , had a greater risk to get shingles at a later age .
- Approximately 20 % of people over 60 can get shingles .
- People only get a condition of shingles .
- Older people with chicken pox as a child and having children come into contact with chicken pox can get shingles more easily because the virus remains in a dormant state in the body, and then again active.
- Adults get shingles and chickenpox children get the same virus.
- Shingles can occur in different intensities and can sometimes be confused with something that looks like measles , especially if the intensity of the disease is not high .
So try to avoid your children getting chicken pox by having them vaccinated against chicken pox, to have them back the possible inconvenience to save a life later a lifestyle setback with shingles!
- Consequences of untreated shingles:
- Can affect internal organs such as the kidneys, lungs and liver
- Can blindness or deafness when in the face remains untreated
- Can cause paralysis
- Secondary bacterial infections resulting as viral pneumonia
Treatment of Shingles :
- The best treatment Zovirax , Acyclover or similar drugs. Unfortunately very expensive and only get on prescription .
- Calamine lotion or Spread 1 jar Aquas cream (white kind ) mixed with ½ bottle of Tea Tree Oil , 3 x per day for severe itching and burning .
- Confree ointment works very well , spread on short- short .
- Take vitamin B 12 .
- Provide plenty of fruit and raw vegetables with fish and chicken as a staple food . Especially bananas , nuts , potatoes and sweet potatoes , which are high in Vitamin B6 .
- Very high dose Multi – Vitamin and Mineral Supplement dosage. At least 2,500 % water soluble vitamins and fat-soluble 1000 % of vitamins per day . Gradually increase the Vitamin C supplement to 8000mg per day . Pregnant women should be administered with caution to approach , especially Vitamin A.
- Use Cayenne pepper on food, it has a natural painkiller for the skin .
- Drink only Green tea , it has anti- viral , anti – inflammatory and anti-oxidants in .
Shingles home remedy:
- The old people believed that the intake of turmeric is very beneficial of shingles is definitely so.
- A teaspoon of turmeric, morning and night, helping the body against shingles.
- The immense pain of the wounds can be reduced by aalwynjel to rub sore.
- Take an aloe leaf (preferably the periwinkle), put the leaves in hot ashes.
- The leaf will swell the gel inside the leaf will soften.
- Cut the leaf open and rub the gel on the tepid hurts and you will feel the sensitive places ‘cool’ is and the tremendous sensitivity decreases.