Intestinal Worms are flat segmented worms that live in the intestines of some animals. Animals can become infected with these parasites when grazing in pastures or drinking contaminated water.
Eating undercooked meat from infected animals is the main cause of tapeworm infection in humans. Although tapeworms in humans usually cause few symptoms and are easily treated, they can sometimes cause serious, life-threatening problems. That’s why it’s important to recognize the signs and symptoms of tapeworms and know how to protect yourself and your family.
Intestinal Worms usually occur in families with children. Fortunately, you can be with hygiene measures and self-care resources quickly get rid of it!
Aars Maggots are the most common type of intestinal worms in the Netherlands. These intestinal worms are one-half to one inch long, thin and pale yellow / white in color. They are not dangerous! But annoying, because they cause itching around the anus. This is because the worms crawl out at night and lay their eggs there. The child is then scratching the eggs and can infect others or themselves again, because the eggs on the fingers and under the nails fall.
Roundworms resemble earthworms and may have a pale yellow to reddish color. This kind of intestinal worms can be up to 30 cm long and have a diameter of 3 to 6 mm. People who suffer from roundworms can find whole or half worms in their stool. They may be dead or paralyzed. A roundworm infection can be contracted by eating (usually abroad). Unwashed raw vegetables or fruit.
TOXOCARA CANIS AND TOXOCARA CATI
Besides the roundworm Ascaron there are dog roundworm (Toxocara canis) and cat roundworm (Toxocara cati). The eggs of these intestinal worms sit on dog or cat poop. In these intestinal worms are not, however, to find worms. Stool in the The eggs nestle namely in the small intestine, the larvae to come through the blood throughout the entire body from the eggs and die at any given moment. This infection has flu-like symptoms namely:
- Abdominal pain
- In children with allergic predisposition to this infection may increase the risk of asthma.
Tapeworms can be up to several meters long. People who are affected will have to find white-yellow segments of one to three inches in their feces. These intestinal worms are not dangerous, they continue to live in the gut and bring food from the food you ingest. A tapeworm infection can be contracted by eating raw or undercooked meat, raw meat abroad.
Treatment and prevention
- Hygiene! Nails cut short and hands, nails and buttocks regular cleaning.
- Tight pants at bedtime and perineal rub with anhydrous ointment as unguentum, cetomacrogol or Vaseline.
- Daily clean underwear.
- Wash bedding regularly at 60 ° C
- Clean environment
- Aars Maggots infections go through good hygiene by itself.
- However, there is also a drug that counteracts pinworm infection, namely mebendazole. The dosage was 1 tablet every 2 weeks (after the 2nd tablet infection is, in most cases, already cured).
In roundworms helps mebendazolkuur. A dose of one tablet twice per day (for three days) usually helps to come off. Of the roundworms You will after taking the cure found dead intestinal worms in your stool. If after three to four weeks still find worms in your stool after taking the course, you will have to repeat the cure.
Contact your doctor. Usually writes the GP no mebendazole for only niclosamide because it helps faster and better than mebendazole.
No raw meat (including abroad).
After taking niclosamide your doctor will probably recommend you a laxative as magnesium sulfate or sodium sulfate. As a result, the eggs of tapeworms will leave your body before they are grown.
- It is wise to contact the GP contact:
- If you think you have tapeworms
- For children under two years
- For worm infection during pregnancy
- If ass maggots are not gone after four weeks (after treatment).
- If roundworms are not gone five weeks after treatment.
- If, after a worm infection, persistent fatigue occurs.