Constipation is a very common digestive disorder that affects people of all age groups.constipation is caused due to improper functioning of the bowels and this happens due to a lack of dietary fiber or water in the diet.The main causes of constipation are faulty diet, lack of exercise,diabetes,high blood pressure, insomnia or irritable bowel syndrome.
Precaution For Constipation:
- If you do not respond to the nature’s call,then withholding of stool may lead to constipation.
- Do not force yourself to clear the bowels, as exertion of undue pressure may cause anal fissures and piles.
- Here we list some natural ways to relieve from constipation
- Lemon juice is a good laxative. It is one of the most effective remedy for constipation. Extract the juice from lemon and add it to a glass of warm water,then add honey and rock salt into it. Drink daily early in the morning on empty stomach.
- Crush the seeds of Isabgol (Psyllium). Then mix 2 tea spoons of that crushed powder in a cup of hot water and drink.
- Drink Dandelion tea. It has a mild laxative effect
- Say Good bye to coffee and Tea
- Cut down on smoking/drinking
- Include more green vegetables and fresh fruits in your regular diet chart.
- Flax seeds are rich in fiber which is good for constipation and stimulating digestion.
- Drink hot cup of milk. It stimulates the colon.
- Take long morning walks as they help you to move food through your bowel.
- Include baked beans,figs,kidney beans,peanuts,dates,apples,sprouts in your diet.
- Raw spinach juice mixed with water should be taken twice daily.
- Never strain or forcibly move bowels for any reason! Doing so may embed patterns of stress in your pelvic floor, which may appear as unexplained symptoms, and may take years to resolve. It can also lead to hemorrhoids.
- You may have a sudden need to urinate frequently, due to the increased water intake. Do not use this method if you need to drive or will otherwise not be near bathroom facilities for at least several hours.
- Do not use this method in conjunction with laxatives; try one or the other, but not both at the same time.
Constipation is a symptom of decreased frequency in bowel movements, usually because it contains less water than normal. In some cases it can be caused by certain medications. The above guide explains how one can relieve constipation fairly rapidly, using natural means and items available almost universally.